Skip to main content

RECENT:

Justice League: Another Attempt of DC against Marvel

There was a stiff competition in the 'superheroes category' this year. Even in November, both the sides, Marvel and DC, dropped two awesome movies. Marvel went with Thor (Thor: Ragnarok) so to create a little bit more hype of their another awaited movie, Avengers: Infinite War, the ritual that they have been doing for past a decade; while DC dropped a high budget movie in its 'Team series', Justice League. The DC 'team series' started with Suicide Squad in 2016, though it's another known fact that they got this idea 4 years late (Avengers in 2012). But let's not go there. Justice League is in no doubt, one of the ' better ' DC movies. After the rough hits by critiques to their previous movies, Justice League is actually the movie that stood up after those hits, though could not be said in strong standing. The following contains spoilers! Justice League DIRECTION DC is known for its dark reflection and Zack Snyder, as alwa

How I Met Your Mother - The Real Successor of F.R.I.E.N.D.S

When we saw the last episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, we know how miserable situation we were in. We got ourselves ready, got a box of tissues, a Redbull and at the end, those really helped. Well at least for me it helped. I cried a little when F.R.I.E.N.D.S ended, maybe because of my craziness towards the series or being 'awe' of Chandler-Monica's love story or c'mon! you must have grinned at least once when Joey says, 'How you doin'?' That was the charisma of this series. However, most of you surely felt sad and gloomy after watching the series completely. The first question that pops in our head is 'What to do now?'. Yea, that's common because we spent a good part of our life on this series. For some, watching the show might have become one of the most important basic activities and for others, who just watched the show when it only came on TV or when it came on Netflix. By the way, the latter are not true fans in my view, true fans are those who spend at least half an hour everyday and make some adjustments in their busy schedule through any means so to watch one episode. I won't use the word 'obsessed' here for them as it has a negative nature but 'loyal fans' could be an alternative term.

Anyway, after the series ended, our hopes got high when NBC declared a spin-off series, 'Joey'. A whole series based on Joey might sound funny at the first time, however, it wasn't. The series was good; funny, comical, however, it didn't have that power like that of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Hence, series got ended after 2 years.

However, a new series was going to born after a year when F.R.I.E.N.D.S got ended and it did. On September 19, 2005, How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) first episode was broadcasted. And like F.R.I.E.N.D.S, it did get popular from its first episode only. Starred Neil Patrick Harris (Gone Girl, The Smurfs), Cobie Smulders (The Avengers, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back), Josh Radnor (Liberal Arts, Not Another Teen Movie), Alyson Hannigan (Buffy The Vampire, American Pie) and Jason Segel (The Muppets, Bad Teacher), the series became turning point for all characters. Some like Neil Patrick Harris and Alson Hannigan were already famous at that time, it opened the doors for Cobie Smulders, Josh Radnor and Jason Segel. It ran for 9 years till 2014. That's something!
How I Met Your Mother was real successor of F.R.I.E.N.D.S! And I surely mean it.
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

An idea similar to F.R.I.E.N.D.S, a famous architect, Ted Mosby, tells his children about his funny yet adventurous story about how did he meet their mother. The story of five friends who saw the ups and downs, love and hate, marriage and divorce, kind of everything. It's a total package. However, unlike F.R.I.E.N.D.S, the story of How I Met Your Mother is about the past events. But still, you don't know who was the mother until season 8.(Oops, Spoiler Alert!)

Having a common concept, the series filled that sad and gloomy gap that was left after F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Though not that level like F.R.I.E.N.D.S (Classic will always be Classic), the series was just a level below of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, which is the highest level that any series reached. After that is Seinfeld, another classic and then a famous 'nerds ' series by Chuck Lorre, The Big Bang Theory. After that, nobody knows and nobody asked.

How I Met Your Mother and F.R.I.E.N.D.S have very similar features too. Like Joey in F.R.I.E.N.D.S, we have Barney Stinson on another side. Both are the reflection of each other in nature, however, Barney is rich and has a record of lying with 200 girls on the bed while Joey, yeah, he has other records or stuff. He has Huggsy, his bedtime penguin pal and Maurice, an imaginary space cowboy. Wow! I just can't remember anything which is comparable with Barney.

"And he says he is 'loyal fan' of F.R.I.E.N.D.S!"

Yeah, maybe you got a point. However, think yourself. Joey's records (in F.R.I.E.N.D.S only) is incomparable with Barney. Both have different nature, however, only two things were common; Big Dreams and Gals.

Comparable but still incomparable. Joey is from F.R.I.E.N.D.S while Barney is from How I Met Your Mother
JOEY v/s BARNEY
Anyway, whoever win in this fight doesn't mean that winning series is better than latter. I am still with F.R.I.E.N.D.S. It's better than How I Met Your Mother. However, after watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S, I would recommend How I Met Your Mother because "It's gonna be..wait for it..LEGENDARY!'

So that's it for today.

"Challenge Accepted!"

MJ out.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 American TV Series that are much Better than Indian TV Series

Indian Television is one of the biggest TV Series industry, however, it is not considered as the best. The Indian Television is being dominated by soap operas which constitute 87% of the total shows that are broadcasted on TV. Some of these are a major success in India, however, nobody stays in the limelight for a long time. On the other hand, American TV Series are different from Indian TV Series. The American Television consist of all type of shows and is not dominated by a single genre. However, there is a stiff competition like that with India too, but its degree is much less as compared with Indian Television. Adding more to that, the companies there invest a lot of amount on VFX which makes it visually appeal to the public. Ending this pro-cons lecture, let's jump directly to our list. Here are Top 10 American TV Series that are much Better than Indian TV Series:   (👍): My favourite and personal recommendation 10. 13 REASONS WHY 13 REASONS WHY Adapted fr